CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
CANBY COMMUNITY PRESCHOOL, CANBY, OR
Co-op Preschool Teacher Position
Canby Community Preschool is a parent-cooperative preschool for children ages 2 to pre-K that provides a safe,
healthy, and developmentally appropriate environment for children to explore their growing sense of self and
understanding of the world. Ours is a play-based learning preschool.
Canby Community Preschool is looking for a creative, dynamic preschool teacher to teach 3 to 5 year olds in a
developmentally appropriate setting that encourages the social, emotional, and intellectual development of all students.
The teacher works under the tutelage of the School Director. Together, they are responsible for planning, preparation,
and implementation of developmentally appropriate activities that meet the goals of the preschool. Teachers are also
responsible for assessing students developmentally, identifying areas of growth and developmental questions/concerns,
and communicating these observations with parents.
The teacher will work closely with parents, children, School Director, the Parent Advisory Committee, and the
Executive Board to create a community that is inclusive and effective in teaching preschool students. The teacher must
relate well with young children and work effectively with parents, other staff and the public. The teacher provides direction
to parent helper volunteers in the classroom during instructional time, and is actively involved in preschool activities,
monthly meetings, and community events.
● A minimum of an AA in Early Childhood Education or related field is required, along with professional experience working
with children under 7 years old.
● Demonstrated ability to assess and document student development, growth and challenges.
● Demonstrated skill in both oral and written communication to a variety of audiences.
● Ability to develop and implement curriculum that supports all areas of early childhood development.
● Demonstrated understanding of the development of regulation and executive function in early childhood and the ability
to teach emotional regulation, awareness & empathy.
● Preferred experience with a cooperative preschool as an employee, parent participant or consultant.
Qualified applicants must have current First Aid/CPR within 30 days of hiring. Salary is based on experience, education, and skills.
Please send a cover letter, resume and minimum of three references to
or by mail:
Canby Community Preschool
Attn: Hiring Committee
PO Box 1132
Canby, Oregon 97013
No phone calls please.
Canby Community Preschool is an equal opportunity employer