CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
CREATIVE HANDS PRESCHOOL, TIGARD, OR
Mondays 8:30a-12:30p and occasional opportunities for subbing
Creative Hands Cooperative Preschool is looking for a qualified preschool assistant teacher to work in our Pre-K program alongside our regular lead teacher. This is a school year position, September to early June, and follows the Tigard-Tualatin School District calendar. The assistant will help with set up and clean up of daily activities, as well as assist in guiding and supporting young children through play and small group activities. Qualifications for working with children include knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices, the ability to build relationships with children and parent teachers, and guide learning in a play-based environment. Background knowledge and/or experience of cooperative preschools a bonus!
Preschool Assistant Responsibilities Include:
● Assist lead teacher in Pre-K classroom working 4 hours a week.
● Communicate with parents regularly, in conjunction with lead teacher, establishing positive and effective family relations.
● Assist in creating a safe, nurturing environment.
● Be able to observe children and help them improve their social competencies and confidence.
● Guide children in resolving conflicts.
Experience as a Preschool Teacher:
● CDA in early childhood education, or relevant experience.
● CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain.
● Have a solid understanding of the principles of child development and the importance of play.
● Excellent communication skills and cooperative attitude.
● Ability to act as a mediator between children in conflict resolution.
● Cool-tempered, friendly, punctual, and reliable.
● A balance between a creative mind and a practical understanding.
Please send a resume with a list of references to:
September 20, 2019