CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
MULTNOMAH PLAYSCHOOL, PORTLAND, OR
20 hours a week
Monday through Thursday
Cooperative preschool looking for a qualified preschool teacher to work with 3,4, and 5-year-olds. This is a school year position, September to early June.You must have great love and patience for children. Inclusion is the cornerstone of Multnomah Playschool, embracing different cultural perspectives, and adopting an anti-bias curriculum. Qualifications for working with children includes knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices with the ability to build relationships with children in a play-based environment.The goal is to contribute to the healthy social and emotional development of the child, so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education.
Preschool Responsibilities Include:
● Lead teacher for Lunch and Play program 9 hours a week, working with a parent-teacher.
● Assistant teacher in Pre-K classroom working 11 hours a week.
● Manage sign-up for Lunch and Play program.
● Communicate with parents regularly, establishing positive and effective family relations.
● Comfortable with storytelling and educational play.
● Create a safe, nurturing environment.
● Be able to observe children and help them improve their social competencies and confidence.
● Guide children in resolving conflicts.
Experience as a Preschool Teacher:
● CDA in early childhood education, or relevant experience.
● CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain.
● Have an understanding of the principles of child development and play.
● Experience with environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Ability to act as a mediator between children in conflict resolution.
● Cool-tempered, friendly, and reliable.
● A balance between a creative mind and a practical understanding.
Please send a resume with a list of references to:
August 9, 2019
Multnomah Playschool is an equal opportunity employer.