CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
OSWEGO PLAYSCHOOL, LAKE OSWEGO, OR
3 Day Preschool Teacher
Start Date: September 2021- June 2022
Class: Mixed age (4/5s class) 9:30am-1:00pm, 3 sessions a week
• 9:15am-1:15pm: Contracted hours
• The teacher also attends board meetings and social events
Salary: Competitive annual salary based on experience and education for teaching and planning; professional development stipend
The ideal candidate will:
• Have an Associate’s degree in early childhood education/child development or bachelor’s degree or higher in early childhood or related field
• Have at least two years’ experience working with preschoolers in a group setting;
• Be able to work cooperatively with parents and 2 Day/Tots program teacher;
• Have experience developing and implementing a play-based preschool curriculum.
Requirements: Emergency Child Care-Enrollment in the Central Background Registry, Food Handlers Certification, RRCAN, Health and Safety, Prevention is Better than Treatment, and Infant and Child CPR/First Aid certifications.
At Oswego Playschool, we foster growth and learning through a creative play experience that is centered on developmentally appropriate practice. In our interactive classrooms, knowledge is built through exploration in art, science, literacy, music, cooking, dramatic, and outside play. Children have a choice in how they use their energy. Our program is conducive to promoting self esteem, friendship, and success. We value diversity and equity with focus on promoting a diverse staff, board, and community that provides a strong support system for the family. As the oldest parent cooperative preschool in Oregon, we value traditions but are excited to add a new teacher for our 69th school year!
For more information about our program and cooperative preschools visit:
If you think you would be a good fit for Oswego Playschool please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call the school. We are currently operating under Emergency Child Care and will follow all guidelines during the interview process. We seek to hire a diverse staff and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Oswego Playschool is an Equal Opportunity Employer.