CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
OPEN POSITION: PART-TIME PRESCHOOL TEACHER
at Tahoma Cooperative Preschool in Maple Valley, WA
for our 3’s Class
Monday and Wednesday 9:30am-11:30am
Tahoma Cooperative Preschool: a respected, well-established cooperative preschool in Maple
Valley is accepting applications for a part-time teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tahoma Cooperative Preschool is a nonprofit organization run by an elected volunteer Executive
Board and its members.
The ideal Preschool Teacher is energetic, enthusiastic with the ability to establish strong
positive relationships with children and adults.
● Develop, plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum for age group that includes hands-on experiences with art, music, dramatic play, reading, science, building, cooking, outdoor play, and language activities with an emphasis on play based learning
● Coach and direct parents within the classroom setting; be able to delegate responsibilities in a clear and diplomatic manner
● Establish a predictable, yet flexible, schedule/structure for young children that allows for a balance of active and quiet play, ensuring smooth transitions
● Positive handling of behavioral problems
● Must be willing to obtain and maintain current First Aid and CPR certifications and complete a background check by the Washington State Patrol
● Take responsibility for organizing materials and resources for lesson activities
● Follow health and safety guidelines included in the Risk Management Manual
● Identify strengths and growth areas to improve instruction; create a yearly professional development plan
● Attend monthly board and parent meetings, as appropriate
● Work together with other class teachers to share and develop the classroom space
throughout the school year
● ECE certificate, endorsement, training and/or experience working with children 2-4 years of age and with parents
● Knowledge of and ability to implement developmentally appropriate, multicultural, and bias-free curriculum
● Approachable, self-directed and flexible; able to adapt and change lesson plans as needed for student engagement
● Co-op experience as a teacher or parent is preferred
● To follow all COVID-19 protocols approved by the board that will follow DOH guidelines along with other board/teacher decisions.
○ These requirements could include, but are not limited to, virtual teaching, mask wearing, social distancing, using supplies for sanitization/sterilization, schedule changes, and other precautionary measures.
Salary depends upon professional experience and will be compensated for class and preparation
time, professional development, and preschool functions/activities, as appropriate.